The GVSCs are available to meet with University students (undergraduate, graduate, professional, and doctoral) and employees Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Individuals can use any of the options below to get connected with the GVSCs.
Click each section to view more information.
The GVSCs will respond to your email within 48 hours or 2 business days.
Please note: Email is not a secure method of communication, and confidentiality cannot be ensured by email communication. Individuals do not need to disclose any sensitive information about their experience via email in order to contact the GVSCs or schedule a time to meet.
Please note: If you are contacting us from a Google mail (Gmail) account, please check your spam filters for email responses from us and try adding “email@example.com” to your contacts to ensure our responses reach you.
If the GVSCs are unable to answer, please leave a voicemail with a number that’s safe for the GVSC to return the call. GVSCs will not return a call if someone does not leave a voicemail. The GVSCs will respond to your voicemail within 48 hours or 2 business days.
Please note: Individuals do not need to disclose any sensitive information about their experience in a voicemail message in order to contact the GVSCs or schedule a time to meet.
The GVSCs host in-person drop-in hours in the LGBTQ Center each month during the Fall and Spring semesters. During drop-in hours, individuals do not need to schedule an appointment to meet with a GVSC.
Drop-in hours are held on Thursdays throughout the semester from 3-5 pm in the LGBTQ Center (Suite 3308 in SASB South). To view SASB South’s location on our campus map, and search for “Student and Academic Services Building South (SASB).”
Any updates regarding drop-in hours will be reflected below.
View Safe at UNC for more information about campus and community resources.
- Local Police: Call 911 to be connected to the local police department for your current location. Our Campus & Community Resources page includes contact information for local law enforcement agencies.
- UNC Police: If not on campus, call 919-962-8100 to connect with UNC Police. If you’re on campus, 911 will connect you to them.
- Resident Advisor: If you live on campus, you may contact your Resident Advisor (RA) or the RA on-call which is posted in your Residence Hall.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Call CAPS at 919-966-3658 (24/7 help line).
- Orange County Rape Crisis Center (OCRCC): Call OCRCC at 866-935-4783 (24/7 help line), text 919-967-7273 (24/7 text line), or chat at ocrcc.org (24/7 online chat).
- Compass Center: Call Compass Center at 919-929-7122 (24/7 help line).
- UNC Hospitals Emergency Department
Please contact Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-445-8555 with any media requests, interviews, or class projects. The GVSCs will not respond to any requests without 2 business-day notice minimum.